Sunday, August 24, 2014

CAUSES OF GINGIVAL RECESSION MCQ REVIEW


What  is Periodontal fremitus
Periodontal fremitus occurs in either of the alveolar bones when an individual sustains trauma from occlusion. It is a result of teeth exhibiting at least slight mobility rubbing against the adjacent walls of their sockets, the volume of which has been expanded ever so slightly by inflammatory responses, bone resorption or both. As a test to determine the severity of periodontal disease, a patient is told to close his or her mouth into maximum intercuspation and is asked to grind his or her teeth ever so slightly. Fingers placed in the labial vestibule against the alveolar bone can detect fremitus.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank you for this informative read of the subject.
    quality denture repairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had a major gingivitis problem for which I had no option but to visit the dentist to get the permanent solution for the same. I must say that i am really happy with the treatment provided and i would really recommend them to all. I have also shared my review on the same as well.

    ReplyDelete

Share

+1 this blog

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...